Are you a practicing creative full of path-breaking ideas that meld the worlds of art and technology?
Digital art has no boundaries, and we are looking for extraordinary artists who believe in challenging and pushing the envelope. If you are an artist, who is interested in breaking boundaries with the power of technology, and use an iPad or tablet in your creative workflow, apply for our Digital Artists in Residence programme to unleash your full creative potential and become a part of our exciting future.
Find the extraordinary in the ordinary
We want you to unlock the power of your creative vision to explore the extraordinary in the ordinary. From revealing the magic of ordinary life to sharing the extraordinary stories behind everyday people, places and things that have inspired you, we want you to respond to the theme – Extraordinary – in a way that is most authentic to you.
Be creative, be ambitious
You can be a digital artist or creative of any kind – an illustrator, animator, character artist, video and sound engineer, special effects designer, typographer, product designer, environment artist, architect, interior designer, poster artist or an AI artist. The list is endless. All we ask is that:
- You are a practising digital artist
- You are resident in India
- You should have showcased your works in the public realm, such as online or physical exhibition, or other editorial or commercial platforms
- You have experience using an iPad, tablet or similar technology, and are already using it as a core tool to create works or to forward your practice
- You are available to travel to India Art Fair in New Delhi between 8 to 12 February 2023
You can be as creative as you like with your response. It could be a digital collage, painting, illustration, animation, video, poem, poster or anything else. You can submit existing works or create something new in response to the brief. The only requirement is that you should have created it using an iPad or a tablet.
Become our digital artist in residence using Ipad Pro
We believe in your talent. If selected, you will:
- Be one of the three Digital Artists in Residence at India Art Fair
- Receive the latest generation iPad Pro, Apple Pencil and Magic Keyboard to channel your creativity
- Create a project on iPad Pro, you are free to use any third party apps on App Store, which will be shown in a special section at India Art Fair 2023
- Be featured and championed across India Art Fair’s editorial, press and social media platforms in the lead up to the fair
- Get the opportunity to lead workshops to share your skills as a digital artist with a wider public audience
Submissions for this open call will only be accepted via the form linked below. We will not accept any incomplete applications.
- Deadline for submission: Monday, 10 October 2022, 6pm IST
- Shortlisted artists announced: Monday, 17 October 2022
- Artist induction: Monday, 17 October to Saturday, 22 October 2022
- Digital residency period: Saturday, 22 October 2022 to Sunday, 12 February 2023
- Final project display at India Art Fair: Thursday, 9 February to Sunday, 12 February 2023
For any queries, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘India Art Fair – Digital Artists in Residence – Open Call’.
For more information, please visit India Art Fair.